FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE, CHATHA
Division of Agronomy
- Fortification of agricultural residues and their utilization.
- Crop management technologies in relation to climate change.
Division of Agricultural Economics & Agri-Business Management
- Production economics of agri-horti crops.
- Analysis of agricultural produce marketing.
Division of Agricultural Engineering
- Farm mechanization in hill agriculture.
- Farm machinery testing and evaluation.
- Designing of rainwater harvesting structures.
Division of Agro-forestry
- Standardization of Propagation techniques of multipurpose trees.
- Production package for major medicinal aromatic crops.
Division of Plant Breeding & Genetics
- Genetic upgradation of Basmati Rice.
- Breeding wheat for drought tolerance.
- Development of canola varieties in Brassica oil seeds.
Division of Soil Science
- Soil fertility mapping.
- Targeted yield approach to nutrient application.
- Biofertilizer Research & Development.
Division of Entomology
- Apiculture: Queen rearing, bee flora studies, pesticides residues analysis of honey.
- Bio agents for pest control.
- Integrated Pest Management.
Division of Vegetable Sciences & Floriculture
- Development of high yielding varieties of selected vegetables of Jammu Region.
- High tech vegetable nursery.
- Organic vegetable production.
Division of Plant Pathology
- Biopesticides for disease management.
- Integrated Disease Management.
- Disease forecasting.
Division of Fruit Science
- High-density plantation in fruit crops.
- Identification and development of improved varieties.
Division of Food Science & Technology
- Processing and value addition.
Division of Sericulture
- Silkworm rearing technology.
- Agro-techniques for mulberry cultivation.
Division of Extension Education
- Impact & process evaluation of the research & development programs (Research projects & Extension programs) of agriculture & allied in Jammu division.
- Diffusion research and information source utilization.
FACULTY OF VETERINARY SCIENCE & ANIMAL HUSBANDRY, R.S PURA
Division of Live Stock Products Technology
- Development of functional meat products
- Entrepreneurship in livestock products
Division of Animal Nutrition
- Formulation of animal feed using local plant resources
- Development of supplementary animal feeds through fodder preservation
Division of Veterinary & Animal Husbandry Extension Education
- Documentation and validation of indigenous technological knowledge
- Impact analysis of transferred technologies
Division of Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology
- Toxic manifestation of pesticides and their modulation of animal resources
- Bio prospecting of medicinal plants for animal health
- Standardization of dosage regimen in small ruminants
Division of Veterinary Anatomy
- Anatomical profiling of Bakerwali Goat
Division of Livestock Production & Management
- Optimization of livestock housing for better production
- Popularization of backyard poultry and fish farming
Division of Veterinary Pathology
- Pathological studies of livestock
Division of Veterinary Parasitology
- Parasitic Zoonosis
- Diagnosis and management of parasites
Division of Veterinary Physiology & Biochemistry
- Physiological responses of livestock in relation to climate change
- Low cost molecular diagnostics for animals
Division of Veterinary Gynecology & Obstetrics
- Hormonal implant for stress induction
- Embryo transfer technology for upgradation of livestock breeds
Division of Veterinary Medicine
- Production and metabolic disorders
- Epidemiology of infectious and non-infectious diseases
Division of Veterinary Surgery & Radiology
- Standardization of surgical techniques
- Diagnosis of diseases through imaging techniques
Division of Veterinary Public Health & Epidemiology
- Zoonotic diseases in relation to human health
Division of Teaching & Veterinary Clinical Complex
- Advanced diagnostic facility
- Backstopping of field functionaries for disease diagnosis
- Mobile diagnostic facility
Division of Animal Genetics & Breeding
- Molecular characterization of livestock
- Candidate gene isolation for disease resistance in livestock
Division of Veterinary Microbiology
- Molecular diagnosis of microbial diseases
FACULTY OF BASIC SCIENCES
Division of Statistics & Computer Science
- Basic and strategic research in sampling theory and statistical modeling
Division of Bio-Chemistry
- Biochemical and molecular studies of climate change effects on plant health nutritional quality and yield attributes.
- Biochemical prospecting of plant/microbes for antioxidant, antimicrobial and anticancer activities.
Division of Plant Physiology
- Physiological evaluation of crops under climate change
Division of Microbiology
- Identification of beneficial residential microbes